Saturday, January 17, 2009

About this topic...

I had gone through difficult times in 2 different projects and thought we need to have systematic approach to resolve this issue....

1.I lost around $20k with one consulting company back in 2000.
2.Recently,ZNA infotek is refusing to pay my 3 months payment.

I see thinks changed a lot between year 2000 and 2008 here are my thoughts

1.Back those days I was on 70/30 basis and payed employer company $1500 for couple of legal notice to the consulting company which refused to pay and gave up after 6 months as I am paying with out any hope to get back the money.
2.I joined permanent job so did not posted in the web sites ( I don't think review website existed those days) .
3.Did not really put my thoughts how to avoid this in future and also forgot to document what should I do in future consulting projects to avoid loss of pay.
4.This mistakes pushed me into another same loss but this time begger than before about $50k

Now decided that I am going to take the below steps to benefit me and other consulting friends like me.

1.We need to stop before getting in to this because..
Usually,consulting companies is been cheating people like us for years so they know all the trick, they know if they stop 20k or 30k , legal fee for collecting that is much more than what they owe so consultant will walk away.
Consultant doesn't have time to followup with attroney and will eventually giveup or will not be in financial position to continue.

2.How are we going to stop them ..
I see people like us have created review sites like desicrunch.com,consultancyinfo.com....
Please Please do this for your benefit and for all consultants...
Keep updating those sites for any wrong doing of any consulting company ,I have decided to get regular feed from those sites and update my blog so we can search at one place if any company has been blacklisted.

3.Please check everyday the review sites or my blog for appearing of your middle layer company,because, the consulting companies usually good for initial few months and will start showing their colors later so you don't know when they will become bad.If so then you have to take couple of steps which I will be discussing in other heading.

No comments:

My Zimbio
Top Stories